Sunday, August 30, 2009

Unnamed Baby Quilt #1

Progress has been made!

From this:

To this:
Only 11 more to go. Still not quite sure how I managed to draft such a complicated pattern for myself. Only 336 pieces in the quilt top (counting each Half-Square Triangle as a single unit, since I strip-pieced them.) Did I mention I'm insane? And I hate HST's. With a passion. And there are 192 of them in the quilt.

Oh, and as far as I can tell (or remember), I drafted this mess on my own. Maybe I had inspiration from another quilt, but I think this block mess is my own making. When it's done, there will be alternating diamonds, black with lavender centers and white with purple centers, and the criss-crossing grey stripes should have a woven look to them.

I don't know why I do this to myself, but I know they'll love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment