Tuesday, June 2, 2009

To err is human...

But when you really foul things up, it usually involves a PC.

I installed a new hard drive in my machine, and in the process of getting it set up, managed to screw up the old hard drive. I was able to run a data recovery tool, but I have to go through each file by hand over the next few weeks to figure out what is worth keeping and what is junk.

Which means that I lost all of my photos from the past 7 years, at least until I can locate my photo archive disk, and then I will have only lost a year's worth of photos.

Unfortunately, that's quite a few photos. I was worried the old drive was ready to die, which is why I bought the new drive. Of course, it was user error that caused this to happen, and I have no one to be mad at but myself, which, I suppose, is better than being ticked off at my darling husband.

Here is a photo, however, from my LiveJournal blog, CattailsQuilts. This is Blue Danube, a bargello wall-hanging quilt in blues & whites that was sold through my Etsy shop.

From Cattails Quilts
I am quite happy with how this turned out. It was the first time I ever attempted a bargello, and I will admit, I was concerned about my seams lining up, but they all came out perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment