Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day


In honor of the men and women who serve and have served, I post this quilt that I made for my younger brother when he enlisted in the US Marine Corps. I drafted the pattern myself, using half-square triangles to make pinwheel blocks, and alternating those with solid blocks. The back of the quilt is also pieced, using USMC emblem fabric as the focus.


I hand quilted around the EGA of the USMC emblem, and machine stitched 'USA' down the center of the quilt.

This quilt has been to Iraq twice, and now both it and my brother reside safely in Massachusetts.

Thank you to all who have served. I hope you are never forgotten.

2 comments:

  1. Just love the quilt you made for your younger brother...it's wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a wonderful patriotic quilt. So gald your brother is ok.

    ReplyDelete