Monday, May 18, 2009

Grandma's Little Helpers

I realized over a VERY busy weekend, that I have neglected to post in a little while! So, without further ado, here is a blast from the past- Grandma's Little Helpers.



This quilt was the very first one I made. I had been working part-time evenings at a fabric store as a way to have some adult interaction while my daughter was an infant. This store is (or at least was at the time) two stories, first floor all decorator fabric, second about 1/2 quilting fabric and the rest notions or dressmaker goods. Many people came through with their quilt projects, and it got me very interested, as I'd been sewing for quite a while, but didn't (and still don't) like making clothes.

So, I picked up a book and fabric, figuring how hard can it be, and dove in. This wild quilt was the result. I had a good time making it, and the quilting has evolved and taken on its own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment