Sunday, June 28, 2009

Best Wishes, Yvonne!

When my daughter's second grade teacher announced at the beginning of the school year that she would be retiring in June, I knew I wanted to do something special for her. After doing all the sewing for 14 people for my September wedding, I needed to take a break from sewing for a few months. Unfortunately, I'm also an accountant, so my 1-2 month break turned into almost 6, and then suddenly the end of the school year was right around the corner.

Fortunately, one of the other moms had done a craft project with the class, and I was able to get the self portraits that all the children had done, and using t-shirt transfers and my ink jet printer, I turned them into quilt blocks. My daughter picked out the fabrics, and off I went! I did a simple sashing around the blocks, and the finished piece was machine quilted in the ditch.

As you can imagine, she was surprised and absolutely stunned. I know that she'll remember this class for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment