Sunday, April 12, 2009

Welcome to Cattails Quilts!

Like many other folks, I learned to sew from my mother and grandmother, around the age of seven or eight. I have been making outfits to wear since I was about 9.

In the fall of 2001, I became addicted to quilting, and nearly every new baby in the family has gotten a handmade quilt since. I also enjoy cross-stitch and frequently incorporate it into small quilted wall hangings.

My arsenal of machines includes a Pfaff Varimatic 6091 sewing machine, a Husquevarna Huskylock 905 serger, a Pfaff Hobby1200 GrandQuilter quilting machine (in a NewJoy Gold quilting frame), and the most recent addition, a Pfaff Creativ 1475CD sewing machine.

My eight year-old daughter has also joined the 'fray' on her own machine, a Janome SewMini (this is a real machine, folks, not a Toys'r Us special!), and completed her own first quilt in December of 2008. She has since graduated to using my Pfaff 6091!

Occasionally, I can be found making renaissance garb and fantastical costumes as well as semi-precious stone jewelry.

I have 3 cats & 2 dogs that are always willing to help 'supervise' and always put in their .04.

I am always willing to talk to you about a custom order quilt or jewelry, so please email me! Check out my Etsy shop at http://cattailsquilts.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment