Saturday, May 7, 2011

Cleaning Spree

Once again, I haven't posted in quite a while, but it is what it is. Life has been busy, between starting a part time job (I am a freelance bookkeeper along with being a full time mom and quilter), S working on her science fair project (comparing how peas grow in different environments) and hubby losing his job last month (economic recovery my arse).

Yesterday I got the itch to deep-clean my kitchen, something that hasn't been done in far too long No, my kitchen isn't gross, I do clean it very frequently, but I haven't done a deep clean scrub & such. So, inspired by a new to me blog (http://www.healthybranscoms.com/), I returned to my languishing Shaklee products, and I have to ask myself why I ever stopped using them!

I had put aside what was left of my Shaklee GetClean products that my grandmother sent me to use up cleaning products that had been left behind in a house that we were renting. I had used up the Shaklee dish and laundry detergent long ago, but still have Basic-H2 and Scour-Off left. I've been reading Erin's blog and some of the stories of people new to Shaklee, so I decided to do my own before & after.

I have some photos to share with you, some before & afters. I had been using the Clorox GreenWorks cleaners, partially because like I said, they were left behind by previous tenants, and I hate throwing things away, and partially because ... well, I don't really have another (good) reason. These products do ok, but as you can see in my photos, they didn't really get the staining from burned sugar off of white appliances.



Or burned-on grease off of a shiny tea kettle. (I clean this puppy almost weekly, but I could never get the residue off of it)


But Basic-H2 in its appropriate concentration (1/4 tsp to 16 oz water) applied to my stove and Scour-Off paste applied to my tea kettle, and I have a bright and shiny cooktop again! I think Scour-Off is even safe to use on smooth top stoves, since it's non-abrasive, but don't quote me on that. 


And my sink! Oh, my poor sink. The previous owners of our house did not live here gently. The porcelain coating on our sink is very chipped, and the hardware was water stained. The ring holding the drain hardware on the non-disposal side of the sink looked like it was brass.

So, I took my Basic-H2 cleaner (same concentration as above) to the sides of the sink and the Scour-Off paste to the bottom, and OH MY! 


Half clean- look at the difference!!


Can you believe it? My sink looks like new, and no fumes!

Needless to say, I am now wondering why I ever stopped using Shaklee cleaners. I am not one for vitamins & dietary supplements, so don't ask me about them, but I think I'll be placing an order with Erin soon (sadly, my grandmother passed away in 2009) to restock on Basic-G (kills germs, bacteria, *and* even kills some viruses, like Parvo and other pet-carried nasties) for a deep-clean on the bathrooms. Since I just (stupidly) bought laundry detergent, I'll be holding off on that purchase, but Shaklee, I'm home!!

And, because I can, Happy Mother's Day, all! Remember, if it weren't for Mom, we wouldn't be here!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a bunch of wonderful before and after pictures!!! LOVE them!!! Your sink looks great!!! :) I love Shaklee! Thanks for blogging about me! :) Erin

    http://healthybranscoms.dev.myshaklee.com/us/en/shop.s.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sold Shaklee about 20 years ago..

    How did you dilute it to get such tough stains off?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thearica, I didn't dilute the Scour-Off, just used it as is out of the jar. The Basic-H was in it's 1/4 tsp to 16 oz water concentration.

    Shaklee is good stuff! I've considered becoming a consultant, but I'm not interested in the makeup or the supplements, and I'm not the best salesperson in the world, so not sure it's a worthwhile investment for me at this time.

    Thanks for reading my blog!

    ~Eli

    ReplyDelete