Monday, October 11, 2010

Grandma Churlik's Blocks

When going through boxes of my sewing supplies, I found a box my grandmother had sent to me, easily 4 or 5 years ago. I never really looked through the blocks until now, and I'm sharing them with you.

First, there are 5 blocks that must have been from a swap, as they are all labeled with the maker's name.

Then there are 20 17 inch 8-point star blocks, hand pieced & on muslin squares. Her note was that she had intended to make a queen size quilt, but this was as far as she had gotten.
I will finish this one up, but am concerned about machine piecing it (I don't do handsewing unless absolutely necessary).

There are also 2 'table sets'- placemats and runners, meant to be applique'd and embroidered. These I'll never finish, not my thing, but I'll hold on to them for now.

Quite a find, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment