Sunday, December 20, 2009

How many yards is that?

aka Why my husband doesn't believe me when I say I don't have the right fabric for a project...

So I started out with a box of fabric like this:


And using Happy Zombie's fabric folding methods (found here) as suggested by Amy at Park City Girl ended up with this:


And trimmed the scraps into strips, squares & triangles resulting in this:


I've been working on it for a few weeks, here & there as I have time. Now that I can *see* what I have, maybe I can finally get it all used up. This is the risk you run when you (used to) work at a fabric shop and get a 30% discount on everything. That, and my mother is also a seamstress, so she sends me her leftovers from costuming. I love getting packages from her, as I never know what goodies will emerge!

Next step, getting our friend who offered to install the flooring to come out so that I can finish my work room & get all my sewing supplies out of the baby's room. We find out Wednesday what we're having, and I want to get started on painting & decorating that room! =)

But for now, I'll keep working out of boxes. Next project- get the community project quilts for my daughter's school finished. I'll post those when they're done, too.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment